You can watch this meeting, live or recorded, on our Livestream channel.
Papers will be published three days ahead of the meeting.
1. Introduction and Welcome:
1.1 Chair’s Opening Remarks
1.3 Declarations of Interest and Connections
1.4 Any Other business
1.5 Decision on taking business in private (Items 11-16)
2. Minute and Actions from previous meeting:
2.1 Minute from meeting held on 25 August 2022 for approval
2.2 Rolling Action Log and Matters Arising
2.3 Decisions since last meeting
3. SPA Chair’s Report
Report for Approval presented by the SPA Chair
4. Committee and Oversight Group Reports
Report for Discussion presented by the Committee and Oversight Group Chairs
5. Chief Constable’s Report
Report for Discussion presented by the Chief Constable
6. SPA Chief Executive’s Report
Report for Discussion presented by SPA Chief Executive
7. Police Scotland Scheme of Financial Delegation Review
Report recommended for Approval by the Resources Committee presented by the Chief Financial Officer, Police Scotland
8. Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
Report recommended for Approval by the People Committee, presented by the Deputy Chief Constable- Professionalism, Digital and Transformation
9. Police Scotland Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Independent Review Group
Report for Discussion presented by Mr Robin Iffla, Chair of the Equalities Independent Review Group, and Chris Creegan, Vice Chair of the Equalities Independent Review Group.
10. Health and Safety Annual Report
Report for Discussion presented by Deputy Chief Constable- Professionalism, Digital and Transformation
The following items will be taken in private
11. Minute for approval relating to items held in private on 25 August 2022
12. Annual Report and Accounts for the Year to 31 March 2022:
12.1 Draft Audit Scotland 2021/22 Annual Audit Report to Members and the Auditor General for Scotland
Report for Discussion presented by Audit Director, Audit Scotland
12.2 Draft Annual Report and Accounts for the Scottish Police Authority for the Year to 31 March 2022
Report Recommended from the Audit, Risk and Assurance Committee for Approval presented by the SPA Chief Executive and the Chief Financial Officer, Police Scotland
13. Resource Spending Review
Verbal update by the Chief Financial Officer, Police Scotland and the SPA Chief Executive
14. Executive Pay
Reports Recommended from the People Committee for Approval presented by the Deputy Director of People and Development
14.1 Chief Legal Officer
14.2 Chief Data Officer
15. Police Staff Pay
Verbal Update by the Deputy Chief Officer, Police Scotland
16. Succession Planning
Report for Approval by the SPA Chief Executive
Subject to agreement by the Authority at agenda item 1 above, items of business will be considered in private for the reasons noted below:
Items 11-16, in accordance with the SPA’s Standing Orders section 20.
Circumstances in which meetings may be held in private include where:
• information relating to identified or identifiable individuals (including members of staff) could be disclosed where there is a risk of a breach of data protection legislation.
• public discussion of the information may prejudice any police operation or the prosecution of offenders.
• disclosure of information could prejudice national security.
• matters to be discussed are the subject of legal proceedings (including misconduct or disciplinary proceedings) or where the information to be discussed consists of or includes legal advice provided to the Authority or to a third party.
• an obligation of confidentiality exists in respect of the information to be discussed.
• confidential commercial or financial information not already in the public domain could be disclosed.
• proposals for significant organisational change, significant changes to the terms and conditions of staff or other sensitive matters are being considered.
• discussion in public would be likely to inhibit the free and frank provision of advice or the free and frank exchange of views for the purpose of deliberation.
• other, exceptional circumstances exist that would justify considering the matter in private, such circumstances to be agreed by the Board and included in the minute of the meeting