The Scottish Police Authority is following national guidelines in relation to Coronavirus (COVID-19) and this is having an impact on how we are conducting our business. For the foreseeable future, all essential business of the Authority and its committees will be conducted via video conference. You can watch the Authority's proceedings, live or recorded, on the following Livestream link:
Authority Meeting - May 2022 on Livestream
The agenda for this meeting will be published at least seven days in advance of the date.
1. Introduction and Welcome:
1.1 Chair’s Opening Remarks
1.3 Declarations of Interest
1.4 Any Other business
1.5 Decision on taking business in private (Items 10-12)
2. Minute and Actions from previous meeting:
2.1 Minute from meeting held on 23 March 2022 for approval
2.2 Rolling Action Log and Matters Arising
2.3 Decisions since last meeting
3. SPA Chair’s Report
Report for Approval presented by the SPA Chair
4. Committee and Oversight Group Reports
Report for Discussion presented by the Committee and Oversight Group Chairs
5. Chief Constable’s Report
Report for Discussion presented by the Chief Constable
6. SPA Chief Executive’s Report
Report for Approval presented by SPA Chief Executive
7. Forensic Services Director’s Report
Report for Discussion presented by Forensic Services Director
8. Financial Outturn 2021/22
Report for Discussion presented by the Chief Financial Officer, Police Scotland
9. Mental Health Calls for Service
Report for Discussion presented by the Assistant Chief Constable, Local Policing Demand
The following items will be taken in private
10. Minute for approval relating to items held in private on 23 March 2022
11. Referrals from Resources Committee for Approval
11.1 Contract Awards
11.1.1 Provision of Temporary Resources for Change Function
11.1.2 Vehicle Parts
11.1.3 Provision of Radio Masts Portfolio Marketing & Management and Maintenance Services
11.2 Business Cases
11.2.1 Estates Transformation Reform 2022/23
11.3 Proposed Revenue Write Off
12.1 Police Officer Pay Negotiations
Verbal Update presented by the SPA Chief Executive
12.2 Police Staff Pay Negotiations
Report for Approval presented by Director of People and Development, Police Scotland
13. Forensic Services Update
Verbal Update presented by the SPA Chief Executive and Director of Forensic Services
Subject to agreement by the Authority at agenda item 1 above, items of business will be considered in private for the reasons noted below:
Items 10-12, in accordance with the SPA’s Standing Orders section 20.
Circumstances in which meetings may be held in private include where:
• information relating to identified or identifiable individuals (including members of staff) could be disclosed where there is a risk of a breach of data protection legislation.
• public discussion of the information may prejudice any police operation or the prosecution of offenders.
• disclosure of information could prejudice national security.
• matters to be discussed are the subject of legal proceedings (including misconduct or disciplinary proceedings) or where the information to be discussed consists of or includes legal advice provided to the Authority or to a third party.
• an obligation of confidentiality exists in respect of the information to be discussed.
• confidential commercial or financial information not already in the public domain could be disclosed.
• proposals for significant organisational change, significant changes to the terms and conditions of staff or other sensitive matters are being considered.
• discussion in public would be likely to inhibit the free and frank provision of advice or the free and frank exchange of views for the purpose of deliberation.
• other, exceptional circumstances exist that would justify considering the matter in private, such circumstances to be agreed by the Board and included in the minute of the meeting