The Scottish Police Authority is following national guidelines in relation to Coronavirus (COVID-19) and this is having an impact on how we are conducting our business. For the foreseeable future, all essential business of the Authority and its committees will be conducted via video conference.
1. Introduction and Welcome:
1.1 Chair’s Opening Remarks
1.3 Declarations of Interest
1.4 Any Other business
1.5 Decision on taking business in private (Item 2)
The following items will be taken in private
2. Senior Officer Recruitment
Update from the Chair
Subject to agreement by the Authority at agenda item 1 above, items of business will be considered in private for the reasons noted below:
Item 2 in accordance with the SPA’s Standing Orders section 20.
Circumstances in which meetings may be held in private include where:
• information relating to identified or identifiable individuals (including members of staff) could be disclosed where there is a risk of a breach of data protection legislation.
• public discussion of the information may prejudice any police operation or the prosecution of offenders.
• disclosure of information could prejudice national security.
• matters to be discussed are the subject of legal proceedings (including misconduct or disciplinary proceedings) or where the information to be discussed consists of or includes legal advice provided to the Authority or to a third party.
• an obligation of confidentiality exists in respect of the information to be discussed.
• confidential commercial or financial information not already in the public domain could be disclosed.
• proposals for significant organisational change, significant changes to the terms and conditions of staff or other sensitive matters are being considered.
• discussion in public would be likely to inhibit the free and frank provision of advice or the free and frank exchange of views for the purpose of deliberation.
• other, exceptional circumstances exist that would justify considering the matter in private, such circumstances to be agreed by the Board and included in the minute of the meeting