The SPA, through its Complaints and Conduct Committee, has agreed to continue the Chief Constable’s leave of absence. The SPA has written today to the Chief Constable confirming that position.
- The SPA Board first considered and approved a request from the Chief Constable for a temporary leave of absence on Friday 8 September 2017.
- The decision to approve the Chief Constable’s request for a leave of absence has been kept under review, on a four weekly basis.
- The SPA’s Complaints and Conduct Committee was re-established by the Board as of 1 January 2018 and was given delegated responsibility to take decisions on behalf of the Authority.
- The SPA's Complaints and Conduct Committee met for the first time on Monday 15 January 2018 and considered the Chief Constable’s leave arrangements.
- The Complaints and Conduct Committee will review the leave of absence by 23 February 2018.
- The SPA has made four referrals in relation to the Chief Constable to the PIRC for investigation.