Due to the personal nature of the business considered by the Complaints and Conduct Committee, meetings are generally not open to the press and public to attend and observe. The Committee will consider items in public where it is appropriate to do so, taking into account the provisions of the SPA's Governance Framework.
Agendas for meetings will be published on our website seven working days ahead of the meeting. Papers for public items of business are published three days ahead of the meeting and are available in advance from the links below.
1. Welcome and Apologies
2. Declarations of interest
3. Minute from meeting held on 29 January 2019 for approval
4. Action Log and Matters Arising
5. Decision on taking business in private (Items 9- 13)
6. SPA Director’s Report
7. Review of Complaints Handling, Investigations and Misconduct Issues in Relation to Policing – verbal update
8. Complaints and Conduct Committee Work Plan
The following items will be taken in private
9. Minute relating to items held in private on 29 January 2019 for approval
10. Action Log and Matters Arising
11. SPA Director’s Report
12. Consideration of Specific Complaints
12.1 Background Paper
12.2 Specific Complaints
13. Post meeting Communication – verbal update
Subject to agreement by the Board at agenda item 5 above, the following Items of business will be considered in private for the reasons noted below:
Items 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13: in accordance with the SPA’s Standing Orders section:
• 21 d) where matters to be discussed are the subject of legal proceeding (including misconduct or disciplinary proceedings), or where the information to be discussed consists of or includes legal advice provided to the SPA or a third party.