Due to the personal nature of the business considered by the Complaints and Conduct Committee, meetings are generally not open to the press and public to attend and observe. The Committee will consider items in public where it is appropriate to do so, taking into account the provisions of the SPA's Governance Framework.
Agendas for meetings will be published on our website seven working days ahead of the meeting. Papers for public items of business are published three days ahead of the meeting and are available in advance from the links below.
1. Welcome and Apologies
2. Declarations of interest
3. Minute from meeting held on 13 December 2018 for approval
4. Action Log and Matters Arising
5. Decision on taking business in private (Items 10 - 14)
6. Round Table Discussion: Scottish Human Rights Commission
7. SPA Director’s Report
8. Review of Complaints Handling, Investigations and Misconduct Issues in Relation to Policing - update
9. Complaints and Conduct Committee Work Plan
The following items will be taken in private
10. Minute relating to items held in private on 13 December 2018 for approval
11. Minute relating to items held in private on 7 January 2019 for approval
12. Action Log and Matters Arising
13. Police Scotland Restricted Duties and Suspended Officers
14. SPA Director’s Report
Subject to agreement by the Board at agenda item 5 above, the following Items of business will be considered in private for the reasons noted below:
Items 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14: in accordance with the SPA’s Standing Orders section:
• 21 d) where matters to be discussed are the subject of legal proceeding (including misconduct or disciplinary proceedings), or where the information to be discussed consists of or includes legal advice provided to the SPA or a third party.