The public session of this meeting is open for members of the public, interested parties and media representatives to attend. Please confirm your attendance in advance by email to SPALiaison@spa.pnn.police.uk or telephone 01786 896 878.
Please note, in the interest of safety and security, please be advised that bags larger than A3 size will not be permitted within the Public Board venue. Attendees with larger sized bags will be asked to arrange alternative storage prior to admission (storage can not be provided).
For those unable to attend in person, the meeting will be available to watch live or recorded (within 24 hours of the meeting) through our dedicated Livestream channel: https://livestream.com/SPA/InvernessSept17 However, please note that due to streaming over the internet, several factors, including the specification of the device you are using to view the meeting, as well as your internet connection speed bandwidth, may affect the quality of your live viewing experience.
PUBLIC QUESTIONS: In June 2017, the SPA Board introduced a facility allowing the public to participate and inform the SPA’s scrutiny of policing during board meetings held in public. The Board would therefore welcome relevant questions in advance of public Board meetings. Questions must be submitted via e-mail to the SPA at the following address: SPApublicvoice@spa.pnn.police.uk and should arrive no later than noon on Wednesday 27 September 2017. While every effort will be made to raise relevant questions during the Board's consideration, we cannot guarantee that every question will be addressed at the meeting. Questions submitted which are related to items on the meeting agenda are most likely to inform members scrutiny of issues. For this meeting, representations relating to agenda item 9 were received from Highland Council and circulated to all Board members to inform their scrutiny
- Letter from Highland Council.
Date: Thursday 28 September 2017
Time: PUBLIC Session: 13:00 – 16:30
Venue: Jurys Inn, Inverness
Chair: Andrew Flanagan
1. Introduction / Welcome * - Andrew Flanagan, Chair, SPA
1.1 Chair’s Opening Remarks
1.3 Declarations of Interest
1.4 Any other business
2. Minute and Actions from previous meeting: * - Andrew Flanagan, Chair, SPA
2.1 Minute of Board Meeting held 24 August 2017
2.2 Rolling Action Log
3. Matter Arising - - Andrew Flanagan, Chair, SPA
4. Business Conducted Since Last meeting held 24 August 2017 - Andrew Flanagan, Chair, SPA
(verbal update) * (For Ratification)
5. Summary Note from Closed Session Board Meeting held on 24 August 2017 - Andrew Flanagan, Chair, SPA
ITEM OF BUSINESS
6.Chief Constable’s Report * - Iain Livingstone, Deputy Chief Constable Designate, Police Scotland
7. Revised Forecast Quarter 1 2017/18 -CFO James Gray, Police Scotland
8. 2026 Strategy – Serving a Changing Scotland:
8.1 Implementation Plan Update - DCO David Page, Police Scotland
8.2 3 Year Financial Plan (For Approval) - CFO James Gray, Police Scotland
8.3 10 Year Financial Strategy (For Approval) - CFO James Gray, Police Scotland
9. Police Scotland Contact Command and Control:
9.1 Proposed Transfer of Services from Inverness Area Control Room to Dundee
Area Control Room and Inverness Service Centre to Police Scotland Service Centre (For Approval) - ACC John Hawkins
9.2 National Database Enquiry Unit (NDEU) Business Case (For Approval) - ACC John Hawkins
9.3 Report from SPA C3 Governance and Assurance Group - George Graham, SPA Board Member
The SPA Board is asked to:
APPROVE the Transfer of Services from Inverness Area Control Room to Dundee Area Control Room and Inverness
Service Centre to Police Scotland Service Centre; and APPROVE the NDEU Business Case – National Database Enquiry Unit
10. Disposal of Unused Properties (For Approval) - ACC Andy Cowie, Police Scotland
11. SPA Chief Executive’s Report - John Foley, Chief Executive, SPA
12. SPA Forensic Services Director’s Report - Tom Nelson, Director SPA Forensic Services
13. HMICS Thematic Inspection of the Scottish Police Authority – Phase 1 Review of
Openness and Transparency – Action Plan (For Approval) - John Foley, Chief Executive, SPA
14. HMICS Thematic Inspection of the Scottish Police Authority Forensic Services –
Action Plan (For Approval) - Tom Nelson, Director SPA Forensic Services
15. Committee Chair’s Reports (Public and Closed Session): * - Andrew Flanagan, Chair, SPA
15.3 Forensic Services (meeting 7 November 2017)
16. Board Workplan * - Andrew Flanagan, Chair, SPA
17. AOB* - Andrew Flanagan, Chair, SPA
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING:
PUBLIC SESSION – Tuesday 31 October 2017, tbc, Glasgow.
In line with our standing orders, the papers for this meeting will be available 3 working days in advance of the meeting.