Due to the personal nature of the business considered by the Complaints and Conduct Committee, meetings are generally not open to the press and public to attend and observe. The Committee will consider items in public where it is appropriate to do so, taking into account the provisions of the SPA's Governance Framework.
Agendas for meetings will be published on our website seven working days ahead of the meeting. Papers for public items of business are published three days ahead of the meeting and are available in advance from the links below.
1. Welcome and Apologies
2. Declarations of interest
3. Minute from meeting held on 25 October 2018 for approval
4. Action Log and Matters Arising
5. Decision on taking business in private (Items 12-16)
6. SPA Director’s Report (including SPA Complaints Quarterly Performance Report)
7. Review of Complaints Handling, Investigations and Misconduct Issues in Relation to Policing - update
8. Police Scotland Professional Standards Quarterly Performance Report
9. Long Term Trend Analysis 2013-2018
10. Unacceptable, Persistent or Unreasonable Actions by Complainers Policy
11. Complaints and Conduct Committee Work Plan
The following items will be taken in private
12. Minute relating to items held in private on 25 October 2018 for approval
13. Action Log and Matters Arising
14. SPA Director’s Report
15. Consideration of Specific Complaints
15.1 Background Paper
15.2 SPA Complaints and Misconduct Cases
16. Post Meeting Communication
Subject to agreement by the Board at agenda item 5 above, the following Items of business will be considered in private for the reasons noted below:
Items 12, 13, 14. 15 and 16: in accordance with the SPA’s Standing Orders section:
• 21 d) where matters to be discussed are the subject of legal proceeding (including misconduct or disciplinary proceedings), or where the information to be discussed consists of or includes legal advice provided to the SPA or a third party.