This meeting is open for members of the public, interested parties and media representatives to attend. Please confirm your attendance in advance by email to SPALiaison@spa.pnn.police.uk or telephone 01786 896 878.
Please note, in the interest of safety and security, please be advised that bags larger than A3 size will not be permitted within the venue. Attendees with larger sized bags will be asked to arrange alternative storage prior to admission (storage can not be provided).
For those unable to attend in person, the meeting will be available to watch live or recorded (within 24 hours of the meeting) through our dedicated Livestream channel: https://livestream.com/SPA/EdinburghMar18
However, please note that due to streaming over the internet, several factors, including the specification of the device you are using to view the meeting, as well as your internet connection speed bandwidth, may affect the quality of your live viewing experience.
In line with our standing orders, the papers for this meeting will be 3 working days in advance of the meeting.
A G E N D A
1. Welcome and Apologies
2. Declarations of interest
3. Minute and Rolling Action Log
3.1 Submit Minute of the meeting held on 27 February 2018 for approval
3.2 Submit rolling action log
4. Decision on taking business in private in accordance with paragraph 27 of the SPA Governance Framework, the Board will decide whether items 14 - 18 should be considered in private.
5. Interim Chief Constable’s Report. Report by Deputy Chief Constable Iain Livingstone, Interim Chief Constable, Police Scotland
6. Financial Planning
6.1 Future Financial Planning - Verbal report by Deputy Chief Constable Iain Livingstone, Interim Chief Constable, Police Scotland
6.2 Draft Revenue and Capital Budget 2018/19
(a) Report by Kenneth Hogg, Interim Chief Officer, Scottish Police Authority
(b) Report for approval by James Gray, Chief Financial Officer, Police Scotland
7. 2026 – Serving a Changing Scotland
7.1 Report by Kenneth Hogg, Interim Chief Officer, Scottish Police Authority
7.2 Implementation Plan. Report for approval by Neil Dickson, Director of Change, Police Scotland
7.3 Corporate Services Transformation Plan. Report by Tom McMahon, Director of Business Integration, Police Scotland
7.4 Digital, Data and ICT Strategy Verbal report by David Page, Deputy Chief Officer, Police Scotland
8. BTP Integration Project Update. Verbal report by Tom McMahon, Director of Business Integration, Police Scotland
9. Annual Police Plan 2018/19. Report by Deputy Chief Constable Iain Livingstone, Interim Chief Constable, Police Scotland
10. Scottish Police Authority
10.1 Report by Susan Deacon, Chair
10.2 Report by Kenneth Hogg, Interim Chief Officer
11. Chief Officers’ Recruitment. Verbal report by Susan Deacon, Chair, and Kenneth Hogg, Interim Chief Officer, Scottish Police Authority
12. Governance and Accountability
12.1 Proposal to Establish a Succession Planning and Appointments Committee. Report for approval by Kenneth Hogg, Interim Chief Officer, Scottish Police Authority
12.2 Draft Internal Audit Plan 2018/19. Report for approval by Gary Devlin, Scott Moncrieff
12.3 Police Scotland Revised Scheme of Delegation. Report for approval by James Gray, Chief Financial Officer, Police Scotland
13. Committee Reports
Committee Chairs’ reports for noting:
13.1 Audit Committee (met on 6 March 2018)
13.2 Complaints & Conduct Committee (met on 5, 15 and 27 March 2018)
13.3 Finance Committee (met on 6 March 2018)
Items of Business in Private
14. Minute and Rolling Action Log
14.1 Submit Minute of those parts of the meeting held on 27 February 2018 where items were considered in private for approval.
14.2 Submit rolling action log relating to items previously considered in private
15. Transformation Resource Control Group Business Case Verbal report by James Gray, Chief Financial Officer, Police Scotland
16. Contract Award Recommendation for Vehicle Conversion - Report for approval by Colette Sherry, Head of Commercial Services, Police Scotland
17. Radio Mast Leases – Extension of Lease at Crubenmore and New Lease at Craig Coillich - Report for approval by Colette Sherry, Head of Commercial, Services, Police Scotland
18. Legal Settlement Reports for approval by:
18.1 Robin Johnston, Head of Legal and Compliance, Scottish Police Authority
18.2 Asma Ali, Solicitor, Legal Services, Police Scotland
Approved Board Minute - 29 March 2018