A complaint is a statement (whether oral, written or electronic) expressing dissatisfaction about an act or omission by an individual or an organisation.
What complaints can the SPA deal with?
We are responsible for recording, processing and managing complaints about:
- The SPA Board
- A staff member of the SPA
- SPA policies and procedures
- A senior police officer of Assistant Chief Constable rank or above
What complaints can the SPA NOT deal with?
We cannot deal with complaints about:
- A police officer of Chief Superintendent rank or below
- A Special Constable
- Police staff working within Police Scotland
- Police Scotland policies and procedures
These are dealt with by Police Scotland; for further details on Police Scotland’s complaints process, please click on the following link:
Police Scotland complaints about the Police
In addition, there are several other police bodies operating in Scotland. We cannot deal with complaints about these organisations. For further details, please click on the following links:
For complaints about police officers in other UK Police Forces, please contact the relevant Police Force directly.